Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm Back!!

For the past couple of years, Mr. Vegetarian has been doing most of the cooking while I drowned in work. Now he's working and I'm back in the kitchen. It's fun (so far)!

Yesterday I was shopping and found a bag of quinoa at Target. I've been hearing a lot about it, so I picked it up to look at it. It had a WONDERFUL looking recipe on the back, so I decided to get some and try it out.

The recipe called for black beans, corn, and a red bell pepper, along with some seasonings. Imagine my delight when I found a blend of just those things, already prepared, in the freezer section just a couple of aisles away!

I'm lazy, of course, so I immediately snatched it up. And at home, I googled directions for how to cook quinoa in a rice cooker. Gluten Free Goddess has very helpful instructions along with more quinoa recipes.

I plan to play with this recipe today, and if it's good, I'll post the whole thing!