This recipe serves one person. Multiply it by the number of people you're serving to make it as big or as little as you need!
Basics - everyone needs these:
- 1 cup sushi rice, cooked with 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 cup DRY burger-style TVP, rehydrated with 1/8 to 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise or vegenaise
- 1 small package roasted seaweed (nori)
- Pickle relish - sweet and/or dill
- Chopped olives
- Soy sauce
- Wasabi paste (Japanese horseradish)
- Sesame seeds
- Tabasco sauce
- Gochuchang (Korean red pepper paste)
- Pickled ginger
- Veggies, such as avocado, carrots, cucumber, green onions
- Any other spicy or savory favorites!
Take a sheet of nori out of the package. Put a spoonful of rice on it, then a spoonful of your delicious personalized sushi concoction. Fold it up like a little seaweed taco, and enjoy!
My favorite blend was: TVP, mayo, soy sauce, tiny touch of wasabi, sesame seeds, and gochuchang
Mr. Vegetarian liked: TVP, mayo, dill relish, olives, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and wasabi
The Veggie Kid liked it simple: nori, rice, and soy sauce. But, boy, does he love that nori!